Saturday, May 14, 2011

Meet up day and Murphy's Law at Work




This entry is for Thursday, 12 May
Traveled uneventfully by Southwest Airlines from Providence, RI to Reno, NV to meet up with my bike shipped to Reno from Auburn in April. Love the Southwest service for $10 where they check you in automatically vs. having to to do it yourself 24 hours in advance to get a good seat. Had quick taxi ride to Chester's Reno Harley-Davidson.
They got the bike out of storage and all seemed fine until I noticed the soft back tire. To make a long story short, my rear tire had a nail in it and I had to hang around at the dealer for two hours and pay for a new rear tire to be installed. This is for those who know me well: While hanging out at Chester's I couldn't help but notice that their sign for new tire discounts had a typo (see photo - it should be Metzeler, not Metzler). What a surprise that I noticed this, hey?
After getting the new tire, I traveled about 45 miles to Truckee, CA (Lake Tahoe, CA area) to my friend Gerry's place to meet him and another rider Dave for the real ride that will start on Friday. At Gerry's place, I attempted to make a blog entry only to get a message from Blogspot (Google) about site issues so I skipped the entry until a later time when I would have internet access.

5 comments:

  1. Bruce,
    Did you swing around Tahoe to look for your cell phone?

    It was great seeing you last week, and it sounds like you are having a great time. Ride on!
    Larry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Larry...I looked last year but did not find the cell phone. Good to see you as well. Thanks for following.

    Bruce

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about the tire... that is a bummer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You better believe it Brooke. I go over it fast!

    ReplyDelete